Wednesday, March 14, 2007

updates

man, we all suck at updating our blogs, but here's an entry for ya all, it will be kind of disjointed, just some random thoughts since it is 3am

why am i still awake? i dunno, i get these random bouts of insomnia and sleep very late a few nights out of the month. i end up watching tv or browsing the web, and here i am updating my blog!

last saturday i went snowboarding in tahoe, it was sooo hot! i think the season is going to be pretty much over soon unless we suddenly get some more rain. i don't know how likely that is cause it's been in the low 80s in SJ the past two days. i'm loving the warmer weather, time to break out the open toed shoes already!

and you know that burger chain islands that's all over LA? well there's one in folsom and 2 others in the sacramento area now! we stopped there for dinner and had good burgers and shakes (ok i was the only one that got a shake).

and does anyone else think having daylight savings so early is so weird?!! well now at least when i walk tofu at 6pm it's still light outside. we see so many people at the park now, which is kind of weird because when it was dark at 6pm, there was no one!

to address comments from previous posts: michael mina was good, but a little pricey. I think it was $99 for 3 courses(and the stuff that we chose had additional supplements!). My tuna tartare was good but the portion was very huge. If I had gotten half I would have been content, but since there was so much I felt like I had to eat it all and I got kind of sick of it. For my entree I had the lobster pot pie which was sooo good. I liked it a lot. And I got the chocolate trio dessert and that was very yummy as well. i've kind of forgotten what julian ordered, hmm. he ordered the carrot cake for dessert i remember that. it was ok, it had raisins which i'm not usually a fan of. oh ok, i think i remember now. he had a soup appetizer which i think he really enjoyed. and some beef trio dish. anyhoo, it was an enjoyable dinner and we were stuffed. oh and the amuse bouche was very good, a lobster trio

the ballet afterwards was very lovely, but i don't think julian really enjoyed it that much. we almost missed the beginning because we had issues finding parking, but luckily the combo of starting a teench late and running, allowed us to make it right in the nick of time!

i'm trying to keep myself to a strict shopping budget, hopefully it will work, budgets aren't really my thing but really should stop buying too much stuff. i've tried to avoid visiting the shopping sites and deleting emails in my inbox without reading them which helps. it seems the best way is to remove all temptation because my willpower is weak hehe

ok getting sleepy now, off to bed

No comments: